Help with standalone program error resoltion: error: 'strcat' undefined.

From: ashwin damle
Subject: Help with standalone program error resoltion: error: 'strcat' undefined.... error encountered in Octave evaluator!
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 15:59:45 +0530

Hello help-octave,

I am facing a problem executing my standalone program. I used embedded.cc from https://octave.org/doc/v4.4.0/Standalone-Programs.html#Standalone-Programs . Instead of calling the function 'gcd' I make a call to 'myfunc'. myfunc is defined as

function [resultString] = myfunc(inString)
resultString = strcat ('Good morning Mr. ', inString);
endfunction

Certainly, the gcd function works. However, myfucn does not. I get
error: 'strcat' undefined near line 4 column 18
error encountered in Octave evaluator!

I searched a bit and found similar discussion on the http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/strcat-not-found-MinGW-td3482336.html Reading the thread I understand that this problem is related to path and copying strcat.m to the working directory does solve that error while popping up another
error: 'common_size' undefined near line 110 column 11
error encountered in Octave evaluator!

Certainly myfunc is from the same thread. That is the thread which gives the temporary solution to get strcat error removed by copying the strcat.m into the working directory. However, it is not practical to copy all m files from my C:\Octave\Octave-4.4.0\share\octave\4.4.0\m to the working directory.

Question is how do I solve this problem? How do I avoid copying .m files and do a sane linking of all .m files functions.

Attached are the two program sources I am using.

I am using Window 10 version 1803 OS build 17134.112 and GNU Octave, version 4.4.0. When I start Octave it mentions on the command Window Octave was configured for "x86_64-w64-mingw32.

Could you please help me solving this? Let me know if you have questions.

Thank you.
Ashwin Damle