Re: Octave 4.4. on MacOS 10.12.6 with GUI anyone?

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Octave 4.4. on MacOS 10.12.6 with GUI anyone?
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 10:07:03 +0000

> On 28 Jun 2018, at 11:45, Carlo De Falco <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> On 27 Jun 2018, at 20:23, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> I also distribute (privately) binaries for older RHEL and SuSE systems that
>> can be installed anywhere.  They rely on a shell script to set some
>> environment variables before executing Octave.  That is all included in the
>> mxe-octave build system.  The shell script is here:
>>
>> http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/file/tip/octave-wrapper.in
>
> This will very likely not work on recent versions of macos where the variable
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is ignored when System Integrity Protection is enabled
> (which it is by default).

IIRC what happens is that DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is removed from the environment
when a script launches a process, so if you use a script to set
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH then launch Octave,
the environment variable will have no effect.

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Security/Conceptual/System_Integrity_Protection_Guide/RuntimeProtections/RuntimeProtections.html

c.