Re: Octave 4.4. on MacOS 10.12.6 with GUI anyone?

From: Andrew Janke
Subject: Re: Octave 4.4. on MacOS 10.12.6 with GUI anyone?
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 10:35:41 -0400

On 6/27/18 10:29 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:
On Jun 26, 2018, at 9:15 PM, AndrewJanke <address@hidden> wrote:

Sebastian Schöps wrote
There will be a macOS disk image from Andrew any time soon, however, you
may
also have a look to https://www.schoeps.org/home/tag/octave/.
A beta version of the macOS DMG is out:
https://github.com/octave-app/octave-app/releases/download/untagged-4e9d0ab25492be932368/Octave-4.4.0-beta2.dmg

Give that a try and let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers,
Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Have you looked into modifying the app to make it relocatable? i.e. able to run
from anywhere?

Ben
Hi Ben,

I have. Unfortunately, that turns out to be quite difficult, because it depends on making builds of GCC and Qt (and all the other Octave dependencies) that are relocatable, which is no easy task, because they're not designed for that.

Related issue: https://github.com/octave-app/octave-app-bundler/issues/2, which is a prerequisite for making Octave.app itself relocatable.

Sorry.

Cheers,
Andrew