Octave logo licensing

From: Andrew Janke
Subject: Octave logo licensing
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 15:22:12 -0400

Hi, GNU Octave folks,

What is the licensing and usage rights situation for the GNU Octave logo? (That image of the three squares connected with a blue circle.)

I'm working on a project to produce Mac native .app builds of GNU Octave, and need a logo for it. I was wondering if it would be permitted and appropriate to use a derivative of the main GNU Octave logo. For example, an image of that logo going into a box (to represent packaging).

Cheers,
Andrew Janke