Re: Problems in using "ode45" to replace Matalb's "ode113"

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: Problems in using "ode45" to replace Matalb's "ode113"
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2018 10:29:26 -0700 (MST)

rimolar wrote
> [t,y]=ode113(@solar01,tsol.*365.25.*24.*3600,YINIT,options);
>
> But the following error was displayed:
>
> starting_stepsize: operator /: nonconformant arguments (op1 is 1x1, op2 is
> 1x60)
>     starting_stepsize at line 72 column 8
>     ode45 at line 192 column 25
>     solve_solar_system at line 185 column 5
>     run_solar_system at line 71 column 24
>
> Are something missing in the command "ode45" arguments to make it work?

The vector "AbsTol" is defined in the code as a 1x60 matrix and octave
cannot handle this. Octave expects a 60x1 vector for the tolerances. This is
a bug and I would kindly ask you to report it at savannah [1] such that it
can be fixed.

However, you can mitigate your problem for now by transposing AbsTol in line
178, i.e.

options=odeset('RelTol',1e-6,'AbsTol',AbsTol','OutputFcn',@myplotfun);

should work.

Sebastian