RE: dicominfo octave crash

From: JohnD
Subject: RE: dicominfo octave crash
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 08:44:10 -0400

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 13:12:27 -0700 (MST)
> From: Ken K <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: dicominfo octave crash
>
> Does anybody have problems using the dicominfo function in the image
> package?
>
> Attempting to read MRI dicom header using "dicominfo" causes octave to
crash
> and doesn't give a message why. I am able to read the files in matlab. I
am
> using Octave-4.2.2. Has anybody run across this?
>
> Thanks

The dicominfo function is in the dicom package rather than the image package
in octave.

I havent seen any issues, but have havent used it on too many images.

What version of the dicom package are you using?
It uses what the gdcm library, so what version of that is used ?
Does it work on other images, or fails on all ?