Re: Octave GUI (Win) mark text with keyboard

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Octave GUI (Win) mark text with keyboard
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 10:51:15 -0400

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 5:35 AM, Oliver Betz <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello All,

in the "Command Window" of Octave GUI (4.4.0), how can I mark text with
the keyboard e.g. for later Ctrl-C?

Just to verify, you only mean on the current command line text, correct? Since the command line has the keyboard input 'captured', I'm not sure how you'd use the keyboard to mark beyond the input line even if it was enabled.

I do note that for both previous output text and current input text (even before hitting enter) I can mark text with a mouse and either Ctrl-C or 'right click/copy to clipboard' works fine as I would expect.  I'm not sure if keyboard highlighting (shift-cursor, ctrl-shift cursor) is a standard feature in the terminal being used 'under the hood' for the gui, and if there would be a way to enable it.

Is it intended that there is no "cut" or overwrite marked text as in
other Windows applications?

just checking: if you highlight text on the input line and past it inserts the pasted text at the cursor rather than overwrite the selected text.

Can anyone verify if this is consistent with behavior on non-Windows versions?