Re: Implementing advanced scientific calculator.

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: Implementing advanced scientific calculator.
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 07:49:08 -0700 (MST)

Dildar Sk wrote
> Then what about translating m-files to C++?
> Or
> what about the scientific calculator(GUI)?
> What would be best?

Personally, I do not find those ideas convincing but eventually it's not my
decision to make. The first idea is crazily ambitious (did you think that
actually through? How would you do it?) and the second one is not improving
Octave itself which is our main interest (you propose to write a new
application with Octave as backend, right?).

The Octave community is open for new ideas but I suggest to study the
instructions and proposals at [1] before you propose something new. Let me
emphasise the following sentence "well thought out, adequately detailed,
realistic project plan".

Sorry, I do not want to recommend a particular project as this part of your
application.

Best,
Sebastian

[1] https://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas.