Re: Default Path in Octave 4.2.1

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Default Path in Octave 4.2.1
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 18:29:30 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>From: "Raghu ram, Posimsetti (P.)"
>To: Ian McCallion
>Cc: "help
>Date: 2018/3/13, Tue 17:10
>Subject: RE: Default Path in Octave 4.2.1
>

>Hello Ian,
>Thanks for your support.
>1.       First one is syntax error correct one is ‘cd(pathdir)’
>2.       Added modified code
>
>pathdir = fullfile(getenv('USERPROFILE'), 'Documents', 'OCTAVE');
>if isdir(pathdir)
>                cd(pathdir);
>else
>                mkdir(pathdir);
>                cd(pathdir);
>end
>
>even after above modification code is not setting current path as requested
>path. i observed that for a fraction code is setting current path as requested
>path and after returning to default path.
>Is there any other file in package resetting the path?
>
>I need to set current Dir path while launching the tool.
>

>Even after changing code its showing the current dir path as where the
>installation files are
>

>Regards
>RaghuRam Posimsetti

Another approach is to edit launch shortut

ShortCut is located here
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Octave-4.2.1

Copy CLI or GUI shortcut and paste where you like.
Right click icon of shortucut and show 'Property' tab
Edit the Working Folder where you like and [OK].

Use the custermized shortcut.

If  Working Folder is empty, working folder is set to the folder where shortcut
is located.

HTH

Tatsuro