Re: ode45 issue: dimension mismatch

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: ode45 issue: dimension mismatch
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 14:52:37 +0000

Hi,

> On 6 Feb 2018, at 12:07, Tweety <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> For my first time, I am trying to solve a differential equation using
> ode45. My code looks like this:
>
> clear; clc;
> t = linspace(0,400,401);
> x0 = [0, 0];
> function f = dx(x,t)
> M = 2.933e-5;
> m = 0.158;
> n = 1.26;
> dx = M*x^m(1-x)^n;
> endfunction
> [t,x] = ode45(@dx, t, x0);
>
> The error I get is a dimension mismatch and I do not understand a
> mismatch between which parameters.
>
> Can this function be solved by ode45 at all or should I use a different
> solver or bring the function to a different form? If so, which? I
> appreciate any kind of information.

There are so many errors in the few lines of code above that it is quite
difficult to understand what actually is the proble that you are trying to
solve, maybe it would be easier to understand what you are trying to accomplish
if you write in formulas rather than in code.

Is this some sort of homework?

We usually don't solve homework questions on this list, but we do answer
specific
questions about the usage of octave functions.

> Thanks,
> Jan

c.