Re: Modifying Radius Labels in Polar Plot

From: gciriani
Subject: Re: Modifying Radius Labels in Polar Plot
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 12:21:50 -0700 (MST)

By trial and error I determined that I can change the tickmarks for the
radius but I can't change their labels.
Example:
polar(linspace(0,2*pi),linspace(0,100));%plots a spiral with the outermost
point at radius 100.
set(gca,'rtick',[5 20]);%shows only the first 21 points in the spiral, and
outermost radius is 20.
However, the labels for the rticks are calculated directly from the rtick
values, and there is no way to adjust them differently. My guess is that the
other parameters that can be set, such as xtick and ytick are only used to
calculate the coordinates of the polar graph, but are not used to set the
labels.

-----
Giovanni Ciriani - Windows 10, Octave 4.2.1, configured for x86_64-w64-mingw32