Re: Installation problem of octave 4.2.1 on Windows 10

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Re: Installation problem of octave 4.2.1 on Windows 10
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 16:10:04 +0000

On 26 January 2018 at 22:03, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2018, at 19:11, Svetlana Tkachenko <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> It would be nice to know answers to these questions asked on the list earlier:
>
> - Did you install 64 bits version or 32 bits? (Renato S. Yamane)
> - Are you trying GUI version of Octave? Does the issue happen if you run the console version? (John Frain)
> - Does uninstalling and reinstalling Octave help? (John Frain)
> - If you start GUI, are you able to read and copy/paste what the command window says at the top, it includes useful information for troubleshooting? (John Frain)
> - Does the issue happen under a new OS user? (Svetlana Tkachenko)

I’m seeing the same problem on a Lenova notebook running windows 10 (v 1607).

Getting the same problem here, also with a Lenovo computer model SL510 which was originally Windows XP but is now Windows 10. It worked for a while then stopped with a message box saying "Octave Client has stopped working". I have a dell and an asus, both more modern that have no problem.

Cheers... Ian