Re: io-2.4.9 released

From: avlas
Subject: Re: io-2.4.9 released
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 10:16:31 -0500

El dimarts, 9 de gener de 2018, a les 10:11:57 EST, PhilipNienhuis va escriure:

  Marius Schamschula-5 wrote
  >> On Jan 9, 2018, at 7:56 AM, avlas <

  > sardid@

  > > wrote:
  > <snip>
  >
  >>  It seems that io now requires a version of postgresql to be installed. I
  >> have updated the MacPorts package accordingly.
  >>
  >>  Marius
  >>  --
  >>  Marius Schamschula
  >>
  >> What about Linux? I use an Ubuntu derivative and there are many
  >> postgresql packages, wondering which one I should install to be able to
  >> update io
  >
  > AFIK versions of postgresql provide pg_config. Choose a current version,
  > e.g. 9.6 or 10.1.

  io doesn't need postgres at all, thisis an unfortunate mistake made when the
  configure script was added to just avoid minor compile time warnings.

  See http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52830

  I've put io-2.4.10 on the packages release tracker (that is a request to
  release io-2.4.10).
  Hopefully the OF admins can do this quickly.
  Better forget about io-2.4.9

  Sorry for the hassle,

  Philip