Re: io-2.4.9 released

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: io-2.4.9 released
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 08:11:57 -0700 (MST)

Marius Schamschula-5 wrote
>> On Jan 9, 2018, at 7:56 AM, avlas <

> sardid@

> > wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>  It seems that io now requires a version of postgresql to be installed. I
>> have updated the MacPorts package accordingly.
>>
>>  Marius
>>  --
>>  Marius Schamschula
>>
>> What about Linux? I use an Ubuntu derivative and there are many
>> postgresql packages, wondering which one I should install to be able to
>> update io
>
> AFIK versions of postgresql provide pg_config. Choose a current version,
> e.g. 9.6 or 10.1.

io doesn't need postgres at all, thisis an unfortunate mistake made when the
configure script was added to just avoid minor compile time warnings.

See http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52830

I've put io-2.4.10 on the packages release tracker (that is a request to
release io-2.4.10).
Hopefully the OF admins can do this quickly.
Better forget about io-2.4.9

Sorry for the hassle,

Philip