error: support for URL transfers was disabled when Octave was built

From: Emlyn Jose
Subject: error: support for URL transfers was disabled when Octave was built
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 17:19:04 +0530

Hi,

I have posted a bug yesterday but there is no response.

I am trying to install Octave-Symbolic in my Redhat6 Environment and getting the below error:

+ octave --no-window-system --eval 'pkg install -forge symbolic'
error: support for URL transfers was disabled when Octave was built

The tar ball was downloaded from "https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy/releases/download/v2.6.0/symbolic-2.6.0.tar.gz".

The above command was run inside the source after untaring it.
Did I miss anything here?

Kindly help to rectify this.

Regards,

Emlyn Jose