Re: compiling octave fails on building flex

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: compiling octave fails on building flex
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 09:54:55 -0700

Can you bottom post replies to make it easier to follow?

For the questions, you need to either create the installer, using 'make nsis-installer' and install that, or create a dist zip with 'make zip-dist' and unpack that in windows.

If you ran configure without the --enable-binary-packages, it would not install the binary packages and so not include them in the dist zip/installer

------

Thanks! That worked, I was able to build and install it. That makes me pretty happy, and I like having the new features.

I noticed that only some of the bugs that have supposedly been fixed in the bug tracker are working or implemented, is the mxe somehow behind the non mxe octave? Or maybe they don't work in mxe? Can I apply arbitrary patches or are they somehow two separate code bases? I had looked up the source file for one bug, but couldn't find it in mxe-octave directory, but did find it in the octave repository. Maybe I'm getting the wrong branch? Or it was cleaned up when building? What is the relationship between different versions and branches, and how can I make sure I'm pulling from the one with the changes I'm interested in ( newest...)?

Should i post a bug report about the build failure on flex? That seems like the only real problem for building I encountered besides user error, and maybe the forge package compatibility/compiling that I skipped. I'm not sure whether that's an octave and/or flex problem.

P.S.: I'll make an effort for bottom posting, but apparently one of my email apps doesn't have the option to change it: I have to manually copy and paste prior emails to the top of the message to emulate bottom posting.