histogram with logscale ...

From: address@hidden
Subject: histogram with logscale ...
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 10:07:02 +0100 (CET)

Dear listmembers,
1.) trying to achieve a logscaling on the y-axis of a plot using "hist" gives
me the result as attached in "Screenshot_histogram_logscale.jpg". The only
difference between both commands consists of the additional setting

set (gca,'yscale', 'log');

Could some kind soul suggest a way how to get the same coloured bargraphs as in
the linear y-axis case?

2.) Is there any means to dump the gnuplot-parameter data that are piped to
gnuplot into a file? I tried the "rough" way by renaming the corresponding
binary and writing stdout from octave into a file, however, this did not yield
the expected results. The reason for this: I need modifications to the graph,
straightforward achievable through gnuplot directly, impossble (much effort at
least ....) through octave.

Thank you very much for your efforts,
best regards

Dieter Jurzitza