Re: building dynamic ranges from matrix

From: AG
Subject: Re: building dynamic ranges from matrix
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 16:46:57 -0700 (MST)

Much appreciated.   The only challenge with this is it uses an array fun -
which I was trying to avoid since I have a LOT of data and arrayfun seems to
be slower due to using loops in its implementation. What provided is good
because it generalizes to any number of rows.  At runtime, the array of
range start end numbers is build and the number of rows is unknown so I
can't do something like:

rse = [1,5 ; 4 7];
a=[rse(1,1) : rse(1,2) , rse(2,1):rse(2,2)]
which was proposed by Doug.

Perhaps this can't be done without looping.