MIDI out, please

From: joe valentyn
Subject: MIDI out, please
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 00:18:55 -0600

Hi. Thank you thank you thank you, for enormous & high performance  free, open-source mathematical software.

MIDI isn't the GNU Octave community's first priority, but if someone has some insight & could, I personally am generating frequencies in a array/vector, & using wavwrite (soon to be audiowrite) to create a wav. It's great, but rather than beeps it would be nice to play it with a VSTi (in another, different program) simply by exporting a MIDI (((of the array))) & taking that into a sequencer that supports VSTis (basically wav-sample & synthetic instruments).

The audio generation in Octave is advanced, the next step I am here writing to request, is MIDI output to take these advanced compositions & give them the timbre they deserve, say with VSTi's or real scores (which would require nothing beyond the same: MIDI output.)

Thank you if you consider this & thanks for your time, if you do use your abilities to. Thanks!

Joe