Re: Problems to use symbolic first time

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Problems to use symbolic first time
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 05:30:08 -0500

On Nov 5, 2017 7:27 PM, "Mike Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 04, 2017 at 18:50:44 -0400, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
> Colin: I thought installing Symbolic was supposed to throw an error if
> python wasn't installed. No?

It was changed from an install time test to a runtime test for Python.
Yes, this means you can now install the package and think everything is
fine until you try to use it.

Ok. From the bug discussion I  understand the intent, but is there any other way to convey this requirement to the user upon install? maybe a post install message similar or added to the "For information about changes from previous versions of the symbolic package, run 'news symbolic'." message?