Re: Problems to use symbolic first time

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Problems to use symbolic first time
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2017 11:49:47 -0400

On Nov 4, 2017 11:08 AM, "Leo Baumann" <address@hidden> wrote:
I have downloaded "symbolics" with "pkg install -forge symbolics" and loaded with "pkg load symbolics". "symbolics" is marked with a star in "pkg list". I am using Win10 Pro x64.

Besides "symbolic" I have nothing downloaded and installed. I am newbie in Octave.

Welcome to octave!

Ok what you did will work for most packages. Symbolic is an exception. It requires Python and Python's symbolic package.

If you don't want to install those separately, there is a bundled package for windows.

First, uninstall the symbolic package.

Pkg uninstall symbolic    (I think. Check the help)

Then go to

https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy/releases

where you can download the latest win-py-bundle

Then manually install it using

Pkg install 'fiilename'

(Make sure your in the same working folder as the downloaded file)

Then things should work

Last:
the convention of this list is to 'bottom post' replies to keep the thread readable. See http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html