Re: format of matrices

From: Ozzy Lash
Subject: Re: format of matrices
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 09:46:02 -0500

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 7:54 AM, Zoltán Prohászka <zoltan.prohaszka@thyssenkrupp.com> wrote:
Dear support team!

I am studiing help format on octave 4.0.2
I would like to have all matrix elements printed out with same exponent. I am used to it, and when I need it, it is really useful.
How can I achieve that a matrix is scaled to a common exponent, and elements are listed accorning to that exponent?

Thanks

Can you provide an example of what you would like to see?

Just guessing from the description, but do you want to used "fixed_point_format"  where a scaling factor is printed out before the matrix and all the values are multiplied by the scaling factor?  See: https://octave.sourceforge.io/octave/function/fixed_point_format.html

Bill