Re: Gridding - Matlab to Octave

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Gridding - Matlab to Octave
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 14:58:36 -0400

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 5:58 AM, Lester Anderson <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I have come across a bit of code I am trying to get to run in Octave,
but found the function TriScatteredInterp:
[ XI, YI ] = meshgrid( tx, ty );
F = TriScatteredInterp( topo( :, x_maxi ), topo( :, y_maxi ), topo( :,
z_maxi ), 'linear' );
inptopo = F( XI, YI );[ M, N ] = size( inptopo );

Is there an equivalent function in Octave? I am wondering if
griddata() is correct.

fyi, bug #35821 addresses the missing function issue and provides a patch to implement the function, but it's been sitting dormant for a little while.  I only see a patch and not example m-files, so if you aren't set up to apply the patch you'd have to extract the text from the patch yourself to try it out. Since it doesn't seem the patch has been evaluated we can't guarantee that the code will work with the current version of Octave.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?35821