Re: Octave and Intel MKL

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave and Intel MKL
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 09:55:25 -0700

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 23:50:16 +0200, Felix Willenborg wrote:
> I'm trying to compile octave (additionally to ATLAS) with Intel MKL and
> 64-bit indexing.
[…]
> This is also not working when taking MKL_LP64 libraries and removing
> --enable64. Somehow he can not find the needed numerical functions.
> There I get the same messages with the difference that -lblas and
> -llapack are working (which was expectable).

I don't have any particular experience, but I would recommend you start
with the simplest configuration, using GCC with 32-bit Fortran integers
and the MKL LP64 library. You might also want to test with the Octave
development branch, which has reworked a lot of configure and code
concerning the C/Fortran interface.

I think the following should work

    ./configure \
      --with-blas='-lmkl_gf_lp64 -lmkl_gnu_thread -lmkl_core -liomp5' \
      LDFLAGS='-L/$intel/mkl/lib/intel64 -L/$intel/lib/intel64' \
      LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/$intel/mkl/lib/intel64:/$intel/lib/intel64'

If that doesn't work, then config.log should help you figure out why.

If you do get that working, then try moving on to ILP64.

--
mike