Re: Problem installing communications package

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Problem installing communications package
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 09:15:40 -0700

On Tue, Sep 05, 2017 at 17:10:41 +0100, Lester Anderson wrote:
> I cannot get communications-1.2.1.tar.gz to install
>
> pkg install communications-1.2.1.tar.gz
>
> Error:
>
> pkg: error running `make' for the communications package.
> error: called from
>     configure_make at line 95 column 9
>     install at line 192 column 7
>     pkg at line 394 column 9
>
> Using Octave 4.2.1 on Windows 7  64-bit

If you are installing on Windows, you should use the packages that are
prebuilt and ready to use with Octave. The official installer comes with
many Octave Forge packages already built and ready to use, including
communications.

There is a known compatibility problem with the latest release of
communications and Octave 4.2. If you use the packages provided with the
installer you don't have to worry about this.

--
mike