Re: Updating Octave

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Updating Octave
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 09:13:48 -0700

On Mon, Sep 04, 2017 at 14:14:43 +0100, Lester Anderson wrote:
> Quick query. Is it possible to update Octave without having to
> reinstall all the packages that I have installed again?
>
> On Octave 4.0.2 at the moment.

No, in general all packages have to be reinstalled.

This should be trivial if you install Octave from a package manager.

This should also be very easy if you're using the Windows installer
which comes with a large set of packages preinstalled.

If you install Octave yourself from source, then yes you will have to
reinstall all of the packages using the new version of Octave.

--
mike