Re: Path bug?

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Path bug?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 08:30:33 -0400

On Aug 31, 2017 8:21 AM, "gciriani" <address@hidden> wrote:
The function path shows C:\Octave\OCTAVE~1.1\ etc. However the folder where
the package is installed in my PC is C:\Octave\Octave-4.2.1. Shall I report
this as a bug?

Not as bug. Both of those paths are correct. The former is the short name version . It is how windows stores long filenames to maintain compatibility. I haven't been able to figure out the reason why some parts of octave use the short form and others use the long form.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/8.3_filename