help with metadata

From: Justine Barbier
Subject: help with metadata
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 11:55:08 +0200

Hello,
I try to use Octave for the first time and I need help with metadata. I want to create a new image from an already existing image (format .png). I need to keep the metadata of the old image to the new image. My problem is that some metadata are missing.
I use this command with matlab :
Img_info = imfinfo([path]);
OtherInfo=Img_info.OtherText;
C1=char(OtherInfo(1,2));
C2=char(OtherInfo(2,2));
C3=char(OtherInfo(3,2));

C1, C2 ... represent the metadata I need to keep and it contains some information like that : <Well><WellPosition Type="System.Int32">1</WellPosition></Well>

But with octave, when I use imfinfo, I can't find the value OtherText or something equivalent.
Is it normal ?
I try to use fileread, I can read the data but I don't how to save it on the new image ? With imwrite for example I want to add other parameters than this one : https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Loading-and-Saving-Images.html

I would like to have something like that :
imwrite(Img_new,['C:\Users\u101362\Pictures\ImageTest\Controle\I_test249.png'],'Parameters',C1);
But when I try this (which works in matlab) I have the following error : invalid PARAMETER 'Parameters'. But I can't find something else...

Thank in advance for your help.

Justine