print plot -dfig -textspecial not work

From: kpchiao
Subject: print plot -dfig -textspecial not work
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 19:37:56 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to export a plot containing LaTeX math code, e.g. $\alpha$. I issue
the command:

print("my.fig","-dfig","-color","-solid","-F:20","-textspecial")

to export my plot. However, I open my.fig in xfig and the text flag for
$\alpha$ is normal rather than special. Is this a kind of octave BUG? Or I
miss something there? Please HELP me out of this. Thanks.