Re: Trying to Plot grid lines every 7 days

From: Tim Pierce
Subject: Re: Trying to Plot grid lines every 7 days
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 03:48:42 +0100

There seems to be a bug with datetick

I've tried on

Octave 4.0.0 OS
Octave 4.2.1 Win

Same, dates jump off to the side

I suspect I might be able to work around by keeping integers for gridlines (which behave), and then 'forcibly' setting my own xticklabels

On 9 August 2017 at 00:00, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 6:03 PM, Tim Pierce <address@hidden> wrote:
# see my original graph (a sin-wave over 30 days)

plot( 1:30, sin((1:30) .* (2 * pi / 30) ) )
grid on
set (gca, 'xtick', 1:7:30 )

# So far  puts grid line every 7 days - good!

# Now this screws it and the xticks jump back to every 5 days
datetick ( 'ddd dd')

# So I re-add this - now the whole axis jumps to the right so the days are incorrect (not it only goes up to 20th day)
set (gca, 'xtick', 1:7:30 )

I want every day to be monday, or sunday, or whatever