Re: unrecognized option

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: unrecognized option
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 11:41:03 -0400

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 4:53 AM, Ilknur Bayrak Pehlivan <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

I recently started to use Octave. One of my colleague gave me a program which is run on his computer. I tried it. However, I got the error messages shown in the attachment.

I will be grateful if you can help me.

Ok, first, Octave puts messages out in plain text. it is much easier if you just copy and paste the text into an email.  The image you did attach was small and low resolution and I almost couldn't make out what was on it. Second, it's usually better to attach images to an email for groups like this instead of embedding them in the message, which might be what made the image so small.

The message as best as I can make it out has the warning line as:
warning: optimset: unrecognized option: lbound

My best guess at what the error line says is maybe:

error: 'nonlin_curvefit' undefined in line...

these both indicates you didn't first load the 'optim' package.  So...

make sure you have the optim package installed:
>> pkg list

load the package before running your script:
>> pkg load optim

then report back on whether you still get errors, and please don't attach the output as an image.

It's fuzzy, but it looks like you're running a windows version of octave. 'optim' should come installed already.  if 'pkg list' does not show any packages, try 'pkg rebuild' followed by another 'pkg list'.  if you still don't see optim, you can try:

>> pkg install -forge optim'

to download and install the most recent optim release. then a pkg load optim should work.

nickj