Re: Trying to make a respectable looking Hist3 plot and having big diffi

From: Tim Pierce
Subject: Re: Trying to make a respectable looking Hist3 plot and having big difficulty
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 22:28:38 +0100

Hi Nicholas  - Thanks Guys - consider closed please

That's great - I didn't think of the packages version (I'm very new to Otave) and when I check I had 1.2.3 like ?Doug?, he upgraded to 1.3.0 and his became like good like yors - so makes total sense it is that
I tried to upgrade to statistics-1.3.0  but then it told me it wanted dependency Octave 4.0.0 and the presentation I needed it for was 3pm so I couldn't risk a new version so close to deadline
But that explains everything so I'm very confident will fix mine too.

Guys - so I'm very new to Octave at all - these 3 different Graphics packages I didn't really grasp,  .... Do they all use different commands or is the interface completely standardised?
I know I've sometimes accidentally been reading GnuPlot documentation and found the commands dont quite work in Octave so I'm guessing Octave has a standard interface it converts into Gnu Plot or something
Is it easy to interact directly with GnuPlot ? I'm guessing it is probably more advanced than Octave for plotting, and that it's target is professonal science publications

Thanks very much.
Tim