Re: Odepkg

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: Odepkg
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 21:53:51 +0200

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 02:50:44PM -0400, Doug Stewart wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 1:55 PM, Olaf Till <address@hidden> wrote:

> > functions?  ode78?

> > > octave> pkg update
> > > warning: pkg: package odepkg not found on forge - skipping update
> > >
> > > The bitbucket site says:
> > >
> > > odepkg/odepkg
> > > Repository deleted
> > > odepkg ยท 2016-11-17
> > >
> > > I believe I initially installed odepkg 0.8.5 from sourceforge???
> >
> > It has been deleted at Octave Forge because there was no working
> > release since Octave 4.0.
> >
> > Olaf
> >

> This is very sad :-(

It can be listed again at OF as soon as a working release emerges
there. But since it's an external package, we can't do much at OF to
push for a release, even though John D. recently provided a patch to
fix building with Octave 4.2.

I don't know which specific solver you need, but maybe there are some
in Octave core you can use; the basic solvers previously in odepkg
should now be in Octave core, thanks to Carlo, under scripts/ode/
(maybe with changed names), and there is lsode, too.

Olaf