Re: Query about GPL-License

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: Query about GPL-License
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 14:39:13 +0000

> On 25 Jul 2017, at 15:11, nigel Jordan <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> As our application just using "Octave" as a black-box so we can use it in
> every way we want.
> Can we include "Octave Installer" into our installer, mean can we include
> octave installer into our setup and install octave from our installer prior
> to installing our application?
>
> In other words, can we distribute octave off-line installer with our
> application installer.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Nigel

Hi,

GNU Octave is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL (version 3) license.

You may find answers to many common questions about what the GPL does or does
not allow you to do here:
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en.html

But if you are really looking for legal advice you're probably better off
asking a lawyer.

c.