Re: I need help for compile of 64 Octave on Ubuntu

From: siko1056
Subject: Re: I need help for compile of 64 Octave on Ubuntu
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 15:11:12 -0700 (PDT)

Like Andy says, if you are really sure you need 64-bit indices, it requires
you to compile OpenBLAS, SuiteSparse, Arpack-NG, and QRUPDATE yourself.
Besides the link Doug provided, there is the MXE-Octave project [1] to build
all of Octave's dependencies (mostly intended for the Windows-Port).
Admittedly, I never got MXE to work on my Linux system. Maybe I did not try
hard enough and I found it too heavy to compile all the dependencies my
distributions provides anyway.

Some more lightweight approaches to only compile the minimum required
libraries for 64-bit indexing is to my knowledge a project of Mike [2] and a
similar one by me [3]. The most interesting parts of [2] and [3] for you are
the `configure` and `make` flags and parameters for an own approach.

HTH, Kai

P.S.: Currently I am able to build a 64-bit Octave version on openSUSE 42.3
using [3].

[1]: https://wiki.octave.org/MXE
[2]: https://bitbucket.org/mtmiller/octave-64-bit-index-builder
[3]: https://github.com/siko1056/GNU-Octave-enable-64