Re: Calling plot() consistently crashes octave - Why?

From: david
Subject: Re: Calling plot() consistently crashes octave - Why?
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 08:16:33 -0700 (PDT)

"Was this with OpenBLAS still installed or did you successfully remove
it?"
Just ran this:

 # ldconfig -p | grep blas
        libopenblas.so.0 (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib/libopenblas.so.0
        liblastfm.so.1 (libc6,x86-64) =>
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblastfm.so.1
        libgslcblas.so.0 (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib/libgslcblas.so.0

so I guess libopenblas is still installed.   Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last night, I ran this simple x^2 vs. x plot from another linux Live CD (not
installed) and it plotted
perfectly on the first try.    I did NOT have to add any scripts or system
libraries to make it work.

Should I remove libopenblas and retry it?       If yes, how do you suggest
removing
it ?    and is my concern abuot breaking other installed applications valid
?