Re: Cannot Uninstall Octave 4.2.1

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Cannot Uninstall Octave 4.2.1
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 11:06:59 -0700 (PDT)

18YAO, JASON wrote
> Dear Octave help,
>
> I have been trying to install GNU Octave onto my computer (a Lenovo Yoga
> 900 with windows 10). Because the GUI did not work, I uninstalled and
> tried using the
> octave-4.2.1-w32-installer.exe<https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/windows/octave-4.2.1-w32-installer.exe>.
> However, I am unable to uninstall this version of octave and the
> uninstaller.exe file seems to be missing. I tried running the installer
> again to see if the uninstaller would appear, but it detects the already
> installed software and prompts me to uninstall before installing. Is there
> a method for recovering this file to help in uninstalling octave from my
> computer?

1. Wipe the existing Octave-4.2.1 installation from disk.

2. Find the menu where you can install / uninstall programs (on my Win10 box
it is in Settings | System | Apps & features), find Octave-4.2.1, and select
to uninstall it. It probably will tell you "is already uninstalled, remove
entry?" or s/th like that. Click the appropriate option (remove).

3. Reinstall Octave-4.2.1

Philip