Re: nargout for methods

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: nargout for methods
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 11:00:01 -0700

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 09:02:36 -0700, jjg wrote:
> Thanks for the comment Kai, but I was really looking a way to keep the same
> name for the class, since I want to extend the existing stable class with
> extra functionality.  Otherwise, adding this extra functionality would
> require the user to change the class name in all of their existing scripts,
> which seems like a bad user experience.
>
> It seems like this is not possible in Octave, so I will add a stub in the
> stable class which does an "exists" on the extra functionality and points
> the user to the extra package if not present ...

If I'm understanding what you want, it does work for me.

I can create an external method for an object in a separate directory,
and nargout works correctly.

Maybe you could try reducing what you've tried to a simpler example, or
give a complete demonstration that someone can try to reproduce.

Here's what I've tested:

    dir1/@myclass/disp.m
    dir1/@myclass/myclass.m

    dir2/@myclass/unstable.m with function definition