Re: Can I view matrices in a spread shit in Octave, like what we can do

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Can I view matrices in a spread shit in Octave, like what we can do in Matlab?
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 03:56:44 -0700 (PDT)

NJank wrote
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 2:37 PM, Navid Ghajarnia <

> nghajarnia@

> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Can we have such a view and interpretation of our data like the picture
>> bellow, in Octave?
>>

> at this point octave's GUI does not have that feature. you could certainly
> add it as a wishlist item to the bug tracker at bugs.octave.org.

No need for a feature request (although it may help), there's already a
patch for that that works with 4.3.0+:
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8656
(see attached pic)
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4684146/VarEd.png>

I've been keeping it compatible with dev Octave since 1.5 years or so and
always include it in my dev cross-builds. Not perfect but I use it a lot.

Philip