Differences in screen and printed plots

From: JuanPi
Subject: Differences in screen and printed plots
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 00:10:52 +0200

Hi all,

Since a while I have been suffering the difference between what we get
in the screen when we plot (really nice lately!) and what we get when
we use print or saveof.

Disregarding the visual differences (sometimes I just take
screenshots!) ther eis this bug, that was gone and now is back again

This code

plot(rand(1,10), '-k', rand(1,10),'og','markerfacecolor','g');

looks like this in screen
http://picpaste.com/Figure_1_006.png

and like this when printed
http://picpaste.com/white_bck.png

to fix it I do

set(gca,'color','none')

and print again obtaining
http://picpaste.com/white_bck_fix.png

but then if I add a legend the legend is also wrong, and I need to do
the same to the legend axes to fix it

What is causing these bugs to re-appear? Is it gnuplot or us?

Thx!

--
JuanPi Carbajal
https://goo.gl/ayiJzi