referencing sympy commands in Octave

From: Browning, Robert S IV ERDC-RDE-GSL-MS CIV
Subject: referencing sympy commands in Octave
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 14:00:04 +0000

I am using the symbolic toolbox and am wondering if there is a way to directly call sympy/python commands in an Octave script?

The reason I ask is that the quorem MatLab command does not appear to be supported yet. If I could simply call the div sympy command I could use that as a work-around. If this is not possible, is there a way I can write my own script to add to Octave to do this? How would I go about doing that?

Thanks,

Robert S. Browning IV
Research Structural Engineer
U.S. Army Engineer Research & Development Center

3909 Halls Ferry Road
CEERD-GS-M, Bldg 5008
Vicksburg, MS  39180-6199

Office:  601-634-5228