RE: bottom posting

From: Allen.Windhorn
Subject: RE: bottom posting
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 18:51:32 +0000

Nick et al.,

Just to perpetuate the thread a little longer:

From: Help-octave
[mailto:address@hidden On
Behalf Of Nicholas Jankowski

> ...Also, most other email client users aren't given such convenient
> options...

...like those of us who have to use Outlook.  <RANT> Outlook actively
tries to prevent you from bottom posting (in HTML mode, which it tries
to make you use for replies, it won't allow insertion of reply text
between or below the quoted text).  So I have to manually switch each
and every reply to text mode, then manually edit it to insert the ">" in
the quoted text.  Also, as soon as I hit "send" it removes all of the
line breaks I have carefully inserted in my reply. And it munges up the
headers (see above, which I didn't edit). </rant>  So I usually just
copy the message to Emacs in message mode and edit it, then paste it
back into Outlook.  Doing email on a VAX using Pine was much faster.

So I don't really care if people top-post, at least for short messages (I
do it myself at work when I'm in a hurry).  But I don't on forums, as a
matter of principle, even though it's a lost cause.

Regards,
Allen