Re: bottom posting

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: bottom posting
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 15:22:27 +0200

Francesco Potortì:
>> While I prefer bottom posting myself, and use it almost exclusively for
>> my personal and professional communication, and while bottom posting is
>> the standard on this list, please note that it only makes sense if you
>> trim the messages you answer to.

Andreas Weber:
>what is your target audience for this posting? I guess most of the
>regulars also prefer bottom or interleaved (my choice) posting style. My
>impression is that 95% of the postings on the help-mailinglist are made
>from users who doesn't monitor the list and just want to drop their
>answer and get a fast reply. I guess this is your audience but you have
>to kindy tell them individually because they don't read other postings...

Well, I also see that many regulars answer email after email without
ever trimming anything.  I see posts sent from regulars with hundreds of
lines from previous emails, including headers, signatures and mailing
list footers, that only add few line of answering text at the end.  Such
emails are annoying to read...

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107