Re: Controlling RFID reader.

From: Kire Pudsje
Subject: Re: Controlling RFID reader.
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 16:29:24 +0200

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 3:50 AM, Joe Rodrigues <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello, I’m currently having major issues trying to control a RFID reader through octave using serial communication. I know how to do some serial communication, as I’ve done it with an arduino before but now when trying to send data to the RFID reader I’m having issues. I know that srl_write() sends strings but i need it to be in hex as that is what the rfid reader accepts as commands.

http://www.phychips.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/RED_RCP_20160513.pdf This is the guide for the rfid reader as some reference. Im trying to command it to go into auto read mode 2.

Thank you.

Are you sure that you need to send hex data?
From a quick look, although the examples are presented in hex, the data needs to be send as binary data.
The set reader power mode command:
msg = hex2dec(['bb';'00';'01';'00';'01';'00';'7e']);
crcmsg = add_crc16(msg);
srl_write(serial, char(crcmsg));

the add_crc16 function you have to write yourself.