Unable to access file with 'function definition'

From: Sridhar R
Subject: Unable to access file with 'function definition'
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 06:16:36 +0800

Using Octave 4,2,1, I am not able to load files containing a function definition, even after changing directory to where the file is. I have tried using WordPad & Notepad for writing my function definition

The response is 'squareThisNumber' undefined near line 1 column 1'

Also tried loading the file (instead of directly calling the function)

Kindly help out

--
Sridhar Rengasamy
Masters Student in Civil Engineering,