Re: Setup for lab usage

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Setup for lab usage
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 10:17:10 -0700

On Mon, Jun 05, 2017 at 10:52:03 -0700, Morph wrote:
> We are setting up Octave within a lab environment.  Is there a suggested way
> to configure Octave for all users of a computer?  A default config file for
> all users?  Or to redirect their config file to a specified location?

Take a look at the manual:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Startup-Files.html

There are two startup file locations that apply to all users. I would
recommend putting whatever global configuration you want into the "site"
startup file, typically /usr/share/octave/site/m/startup/octaverc.

--
mike