Re: Octave 4.2.1 gui won't launch on OS X El Capitan 10.11

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: Octave 4.2.1 gui won't launch on OS X El Capitan 10.11
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2017 17:14:48 -0400

> On Jun 3, 2017, at 12:40 PM, swope <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I prefer the qt plots, so for now I'm going to use the --no-gui mode instead
> of gnuplot.

I think you must be confused here. I too prefer qt plots, but gnuplot produces
the best octave qt plots--in my opinion.

I am running Homebrew Octave on Mac OSX Sierra 10.12.5.

In my ~/.bash_profile file I specify
  alias octave='octave-cli --no-window-system’
I never run anything but octave-cli.

My ~/.octaverc file specifies
  graphics_toolkit gnuplot;
  setenv GNUTERM qt;

All my octave graphics are done by gnuplot, and I do a lot of pretty elaborate
graphics.

-
Vic