Re: I have modified firls.m to include all types of FIRs plus HT and dif

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: I have modified firls.m to include all types of FIRs plus HT and diff
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 13:03:33 -0400

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 11:19 AM, je suis <address@hidden> wrote:

> Lastly, if you set up a github or other repository others might be willing
> to help hack your code. Keeping track of it via email is a bit tedious.

I never used github and I asked in this list because firls.m belongs
to Octave. But if you say that this way is not the preferred one, then
I'll use it.

Using this list is appropriate for discussion. but it is not a version trackable, multi-user accessible code repository.  Github is one example people have used before for individual development efforts before proposing the code addition to Octave.  Personally I've only used it once [1], doing most of my other Octave hacking offline from the Octave development source and posting patches to the bug tracker [2]

[1] https://github.com/repelem/repelem
[2] https://bugs.octave.org

It makes it easier for others to access, parse, and potentially assist with the latest version of your code.  Maybe others here have other suggestions.