Re: I have modified firls.m to include all types of FIRs plus HT and dif

From: je suis
Subject: Re: I have modified firls.m to include all types of FIRs plus HT and diff
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 04:32:56 +0000

> yours does produce a row vector, correct?

Yes, and it also handles any row/column input, but currently I am
working with wxMaxima (with which I am more used to) to get the math
right, then I'll convert it to Octave.

> I noticed you still don't have any self-tests at the end of the function.
> Recommend adding some as you go along. I put a few at the end of this email
> that should work for some input validation, row/column checking, and checks
> one simple output. (the 4th line).  You can just cut/paste them into your
> function after the final endfunction line.
>
> Putting these together helps capture function intent, so you'll know if
> later changes by you or someone else breaks something unintentionally. For
> example, making these showed your input check on N could be a bit more
> robust, as checking length=1 doesn't check if it's actually a valid input.

I'll leave those last on the todo list, for now. Thank you for the
tests, they show I'm on the right way. I hope there aren't any sharp
turns...

Vlad