Re: Publish

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Publish
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 01:00:59 +0200

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 5:40 PM, siko1056 <address@hidden> wrote:
> JuanPi wrote
>> On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 3:19 PM, JuanPi &lt;
>
>> ajuanpi@
>
>> &gt; wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Trying the function publish in 4.2.1 I get
>>>
>>> error: 'create_output' undefined near line 375 column 17
>>> error: called from
>>>     publish at line 375 column 15
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> I was also wondering whether Kai's publish is already integrated in
>>> 4.2.1, if not, where do we get Kai's publish?
>>>
>>> --
>>> JuanPi Carbajal
>>> https://goo.gl/ayiJzi
>>> Public GnuPG key: 9C5B72BF
>>> -----
>>> "Why is thought, being a secretion of the brain, more wonderful than
>>> gravity, a property of matter?"
>>> - C. Darwin
>>
>> it seems 4.2.1 is having troubles with subfunctions, because
>> create_output is there...
>>
>> --
>> JuanPi Carbajal
>> https://goo.gl/ayiJzi
>> Public GnuPG key: 9C5B72BF
>> -----
>> "Why is thought, being a secretion of the brain, more wonderful than
>> gravity, a property of matter?"
>> - C. Darwin
>
> Hi JuanPi,
>
> Using a self-compiled Octave 4.2.1 on Linux, trying to publish this script
> https://github.com/siko1056/OctConf2017/blob/master/demo2/intro.m works as
> normal calling:
>
>>> publish ("intro.m")
> ans = /workspace/OctConf2017/demo2/html/intro.html
>
> Also subfunctions don't bother my 4.2.1 version... did you modify anything
> about publish or Octave? I'm very interested about getting this to work ;-)
>
> Kai.
>

> --

ok, found it!

The issue is that the script being published cannot call

clear all

because it will delete the subfunction.

Try it out

## A simple example
#
# This will break publish
#

clear all
disp("Sad...")

I did not find this documented, sorry. But I guess the script being
published should be run in its own workspace... no idea how to do that
or publish will have to comment out all the clear all and clear functions...

Also, need help with the markdown output or you already have it?